Saturday, October 18, 2008

Friday, 17 October 2008

Today most of my work was in trying to program Qt/clam and reading Xavier's thesis. I didn't get to far with Qt/clam b/c I got stuck compiling and installing new qt libraries. it was a little bit of a pain b/c some of the packages were masked with gentoo. Xavier's thesis is nice to read and gives me a good feel for getting the flow and organization of a dissertation and also to read about the differences between systems, models, frameworks, patterns, etc.

The main things that I've been programming with qt are simple dialogs from various examples. What I need to do is to get sound recording to work and then to hook up a recognizer.

I spent a total of ~5 hours working. My main loss of time was getting up in the morning and I stopped working early b/c I had a head ache.

For fun stuff, I went out to eat w/ Markus, Panchi, and Karla at Sofra and then we went to bamboo for Mojitos and Caipirinhas.

No comments: